Hypnotherapy to Stop Smoking
On average, smokers smoke 10 cigarettes a day; with a packet of cigarettes costing £10.80 that’s a spend of £37.80 per week, or £1971 per year.
Smoking in the UK
- In the UK, in 2019, 14.1% of people aged 18 years and above smoked cigarettes, which equates to around 6.9 million people in the population, based on the ONS estimate from the Annual Population Survey (APS).
- The proportion of current smokers in the UK has fallen significantly from 14.7% in 2018 to 14.1% in 2019.
- Of the constituent countries, 13.9% of adults in England smoked, 15.5% of adults in Wales, 15.4% of adults in Scotland and 15.6% of adults in Northern Ireland.
- In the UK, 15.9% of men smoked compared with 12.5% of women.
- Those aged 25 to 34 years had the highest proportion of current smokers (19.0%).
- In the UK, around 1 in 4 (23.4%) people in routine and manual occupations smoked, this is around 2.5 times higher than people in managerial and professional occupations (9.3%).
- In Great Britain, more than half (52.7%) of people aged 16 years and above who currently smoked said they wanted to quit, and 62.5% of those who have ever smoked said they had quit, based on our estimates from the Opinions and Lifestyle Survey (OPN).
- In Great Britain, 5.7% of respondents in 2019 said they currently used an e-cigarette, which equates to nearly 3 million adults in the population.
(Office for National Statistics UK - ons.gov.uk)
Can Hypnosis help me to Stop Smoking?
You might be wondering how hypnosis can help you to stop smoking …
During hypnosis we use trance to effectively induce a deep relaxation state. In this lovely, relaxed state your negative and unnecessary stress will be reduced, allowing you to focus much more on what you want and how you’re going to get there (i.e. to become smoke-free!). We also use this state to free up our mind, rethinking old patterns and templates, re-programming our mental roadmap to lead us to where we want to go.
What happens in a Smoking Cessation Hypnotherapy Session?
Typically, a one-off session will last 90 – 120 minutes.
To start with, we will talk about why you smoke, then look at our brain and how it relates to smoking. This is a very important part of the process as this understanding will stay with you for the rest of your life.
Following this, we will move on to the hypnosis. We’ll use this to induce a trance state, helping us to create a new mental roadmap to lead you to where you want to go in your life.
Finally, I will give you some hypnotherapy soundtracks to listen to whenever you like. These are particularly useful if you feel anxious and can be used instead of turning back to the cigarettes.
Ok, I’ve read enough! What’s the next step?
If you are ready to get started and would like to book a free initial consultation, click this link - Free Initial Consultation
If you’d like to find out how Whitaker Hypnotherapy can help you to stop smoking, please go to https://www.whitakerhypnotherapy.co.uk/stop-smoking
If you’d like to access some free hypnotherapy soundtracks to help you deal with anxiety and sleep better at night, click here - Free Hypnotherapy Soundtracks
If you’re still unsure and don’t know the best step forward, please contact me and I will be happy to help – E: email@example.com/ P: 07470111303
Thanks for reading this article and please share to anyone it may help.